[Nefbla] Congratulations from Nebraska & National March of Dimes
Bev.Newton at nebraska.gov
Mon Mar 26 08:55:19 CDT 2012
Laura Geisinger, our March of Dimes contact, just shared the message below. Super job, Nebraska FBLA chapters!
Nebraska FBLA State Adviser
Career Field Specialist, Communication and Information Systems
Nebraska Dept. of Education | PO Box 94987 | 301 Centennial Mall South | Lincoln, NE 68509-4987
402.471.4865 | Fax: 402.471.0117
Nebraska FBLA: 50 Fabulous Years
From: Geisinger, Laura [mailto:LGeisinger at marchofdimes.com]
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2012 8:44 AM
To: Newton, Bev
Cc: Fried, Dan; Opbroek, Rosemary
Subject: FW: Youth & MFB: Week of 3/19: Top FBLAs; Recruitment; Blog Posts; Resources
Way to go Nebraska FBLA!!!! (See below)
Best in the COUNTRY!!
From: Hauser, Allison
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2012 2:42 PM
Cc: Lazzari, Lisa; Richardson, Amy; Reed, Tracey
Subject: Youth & MFB: Week of 3/19: Top FBLAs; Recruitment; Blog Posts; Resources
Congrats to our March for Babies superstars so far in the first quarter of 2012! This week we are going to look at our #1 youth partner, FBLA-PBL.
TOP FIVE FBLA STATES
1. Nebraska FBLA: $15,850
2. Alabama FBLA: $7,095
3. Louisiana FBLA: $5,217
4. Mississippi FBLA: $4,815
5. Arkansas FBLA: $4,390
TOP FIVE FBLA TEAMS
FBLA -NE- Twin River
FBLA-Baldwyn High School
FBLA - Lonoke High School
FBLA- Winnfield Middle School
*Data from FRED as of March 23, 2012
Want to find more rankings to see how your FBLA groups compare? Visit FBLA-PBL on Dimension<http://dimension.marchofdimes.com/portal/server.pt/community/fbla-pbl/379> for the 2011-2012 school year top fundraising teams & states!
Everyone Ready: New Approaches to Volunteer Recruitment (Access through Volunteer Leadership Dimension<http://dimension.marchofdimes.com/portal/server.pt/community/volunteer_leadership/340/home/7647>)
Training for all staff: Freshen your approach to recruiting volunteers by considering what you are asking volunteers to do, new places to look for volunteers, creative ways to present the opportunities you need to fill, and if you are using online registries and social media in the best ways.
Blog posts - check out these best practices & fun stories from around the country!
* Purple Tie Affair: A Night To Remember (Rutgers University, NJ, Collegiate Council) - http://blog.marchforbabies.org/?p=2798
* Shaq is on Board for Healthy Babies - http://blog.marchforbabies.org/?p=2816
Reminder of resources:
* March for Babies Youth Guide 2012<http://bit.ly/A7rrYz> - share with students
* March for Babies Goal Setting for Student Leaders<http;/dimension.marchofdimes.com;80/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_232_37618_0_0_18/Youth%20Captain%20Goal%20Sheet.docx> - share with students
* FRED Youth Naming Conventions<http://dimension.marchofdimes.com/portal/server.pt/community/fundraising/345/fred_oft/12279> - correct FRED team information is critical for both chapters and national in supporting our youth teams
* Find your National Youth Council member assigned to your chapter<http://dimension.marchofdimes.com/portal/server.pt/document/35833/national_youth_council_chapter_assignments_2011_2012_xlsx> - they can support you with ideas!
* Strategies for a Successful Youth Program<http://dimension.marchofdimes.com/portal/server.pt/document/37734/strategies_for_a_successful_youth_program_2012_docx>
* 2012 March of Dimes Team Youth Awards<*%09http:/dimension.marchofdimes.com/portal/server.pt/document/37431/march_of_dimes_teamyouth_awards_2012_docx> - encourage your top groups to apply
* Youth Dimension<http://dimension.marchofdimes.com/portal/server.pt/community/volunteer_leadership/340/youth/12259> - all things youth
* National Service Partners Dimension<*%09http:/dimension.marchofdimes.com/portal/server.pt/community/volunteer_leadership/340/national_service_partners/13180> - updated resources for meetings/exhibit booth/workshops
Thanks to all who have attended partner conference meetings! And thank you to all who have filled out our national service partner conference survey; another reminder will go to each CYL next week then our survey will close.
Send your questions/ideas/stories/needs our way!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Associate Director, National Youth Leadership Development
March of Dimes
1275 Mamaroneck Ave.
White Plains, New York 10605
Telephone (914) 997-4704
Cell phone (914) 393-8016
Fax (914) 428-9366
Working together for stronger, healthier babies.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Nefbla